Monday, November 3

My Brother Tom


A brother I met not that long ago took me to my very first professional ball game. He didn't know me, but he cared enough to invite someone he never met, to be a part of my rescue.

I met with Tom just a couple times, but I could see the calm patience of someone who prayed, trusted and believed he had a purpose beyond his job as an insurance company manager. His coworkers understood too.
He told me one day long ago someone prayed for him, and that they did not give up over many years. He found Life, then he shared Life. Now he is struggling against enormous pain and difficulty. I ask that God gets the glory, and Tom gets more of God. Tom is dying, as all men do--though when its someone you know, someone you love, someone like Tom...its strikes a chord.

My dearest sister sent the Songs of Water , thinking of Tom and the days ahead. Sister, if you read this, know that I am with you, I share your grief and the sure hope that Tom will be lifted up into the arms of his Papa. Tom, thank you for showing us The Way, in person...
with great affection and Love,
your Brother, Brad


3 comments:

  1. Thomas Patrick Fitzsimons
    Born:March 3, 1953
    Died: November 12, 2008

    Our opportunity to pay our last respects to a truly great son, brother, father, uncle, cousin, Godfather, nephew, friend, neighbor, boss, employee...is to live a life in a way that honors the memory. A smile, persistant hopeful prayer, and generosity.

    http://dignity.mem.com/ViewTextTributes.aspx?Page=1&RecordCount=11&ID=2702914&NM=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is resting with Our Father now.

    ReplyDelete