Sunday, July 27

Revolutionary "Wanna-Be": Part 1 past due

Ever since I began blogging, I don't remember taking the time to put down notes about my time with LifeChurch.  This is actually some of the most special time, when I see lives that are changed, people who are hungry for Life, and we get to pray and worship our Father together, and get pearls of wisdom from our Leadership: Tony Portell, Scott Himes and TJ Hampton. 

Recently we started  a series on Revolution,  with the idea that we must become the change we envision (Ghandi, no we are not new-age, he stole the idea from God). 

Here I sit, every week, sometimes through the same message twice, and I do not allow this to change who I am. Shame on me, what a waste of my time and God's if I don't treat this at least as seriously as the "random" stuff that God lays in front of me.   Last week, I took serious notes, and I while I was cleaning up and helping the band pack, someone threw away all that I had written....bummer.  Here is what I can remember.

  1. A lark, threatened by death from singing would still have to sing.  Why should I change who I am in the presence of others?  Where is my identity?
    • A revolution is not a bed of roses, ...a revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.  (Fidel Castro  1961)
    • Simply put, if you are not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people and kiss it goodbye, you can't be my disciple (Luke 14:33 the message bible)
  2. Revolutionaries look like their leader, shouldn't we?  (2Cor3:18)
  3. Revolution is a sudden change in organizational Power (We give God control) 
    • Question: What is holding us back?  What are we not letting God have dominion over in our lives? 
    • Answer: It's the stuff that upsets us when we don't get our way.

 

 

Revolutionary Love

David Crowder


Desperation leads us here 
Leads us here
Illumination meets us here
Meets us here
Revelation brings us here
Brings us here
Restoration frees us here
Frees us here

And I don't want to leave
I don't want to leave this place
No, I don't want to leave
I never want to leave this place

CHORUS
It's so amazing
Your unchanging love
Simply amazing
Never changing love
Love, love revolutionary love

Reparation leads us here
Leads us here
Liberation meets us here
Meets us here
Jubilation brings us here
Brings us here
Higher elevation frees us here
Frees us here

Your revolutionary love
Your revolutionary love, love, love

You're a revolution I want to be Revolutionary
You're a revolution I want to be Revolutionary
You're a revolution I want to be Love, love, love
Revolutionary love

No comments:

Post a Comment