Friday, May 23

The Right Story in the Battle

I believe in You (The Kry)

years ago
when i said i'll follow You
i didn't know
what it meant to
take my cross and go against the flow
to deny myself
to lose my life to gain it all

since i've learned
life's a battlefield
and i'm a soldier
when marching through
the evil under fire
You remain my shield
in my darkest hour
yes i know life ain't no bed of roses
so as i go i will hold to You again

Today this song played on my IPOD on the drive into work. I thought about the line "Life's a battlefield" and the idea from John Elderidge quote we have focused on in the Band of Brothers ....unless you understand that you are in a battle, you will misunderstand 90% of life.

Today in a training class at work, we talked about "Crucial Conversations", (a topic bigger than one post). The point that struck me most clearly was the progression from facts--->to telling ourself a story (judgement)---> to acting. Often the result is silence or violence, unless both in the conversation feel safe and loved. IF the battle is all about me, I am going to rush to defense and follow my emotions.

If, however, the battle is all about God, then I will not use judgement, but ask questions (of God and the others) to probe how to build common cause. This would lead to more creative options and chances to build trust. The battle is spritual, not flesh and blood.

Could this be the escape from traps of Villian/Victim/Helpless?



No comments:

Post a Comment