Saturday, May 31

Remember, I Forget

John 19:2-3
The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe and went up to him again and again, saying, "Hail, king of the Jews!" And they struck him in the face.
Almost anyone who reads this wants to cringe....How could anyone do this to another human, let alone the lamb of God?

They didn't believe. They thought he was the reason for the problem, or an incidental part of reality, instead of the answer. I do that. Looking back over just the past week I have hit those troughs where I've been hurt, ran out of steam, and actually told someone I need to "hit some trash cans". If I stopped to ask why I might have found the answer. But like a friend of mine says, sometime we have to hit bottom before we can bounce back.

Look at the Hebrews, right after plagues that released them from Egypt, they were complaining before the Red Sea, or after the Read Sea, complaining about the manna. Something in me is the same, I forget the miracles, the love, the tenderness that Father has shown. I forget the fullness of fellowship with those who love Him. I forget the beauty and connection from music made for Him.

I forget.

But God does not leave us there. Through pain comes pursuit, and by pursuit he brings brings us back into His pleasure....and fullness.

Heb 12:11, Heb 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

I did have a very happy ending just before I left on a long trip to Chicago. I asked Him for help and I got it...Wisdom, words and a card in the mail from Starbucks that was labeled "An Invitation" to Starbucks for chocolate.

It was the perfect segue, at the perfect time, into a very important conversation with someone I love.

I write these words to remind myself to remember, I forget. You can remind me too. :)

1 comment: