Saturday, April 17

You Shine: Evening and morning drive


"My Kingdom is not of this world "
John 18:33-40.

I got a speeding ticket....I was guilty.  I was polite to the young man,  but inside I went through denial, anger, excuse, apathy (fatalism), and then turned upward to ask God why?  I didn't especially FEEL the weight of guilt as I should. Then it occured to me,  could I give this man the Gospel?  At that moment, where was the testimony of a life yeilded to Christ? He was gone. It was over.  Ironically that night I got my new license plate in the mail: the letters read "SHINE".

That next morning I found the word SHINE in Phil 2:14-15, which describes how we shine a light into the darkness by NOT complaining and arguing, but becoming blameless and harmless, holding onto the word of life.  I hopped into the car to go to work, and the first song that came up on my ipod was SHINE.....



(Facebook readers click here to listen)


You Shine,
Brighter than the brightest star!
Your Love,
Purer than the purest heart!
You Shine,
Filling us with courage and strength
To follow You!

It came together for me that morning; despite difficulty, pain, despite even me, I could love others and bring honor to Him, who loved me first. Thats what this day was going to be about. His Love. Like the night lights I bought earlier that evening for the hallway, it only takes a little bit of light to show the way.

He is not silent, we are not listening. If we dwell with Him  (Psalm 91:1, Psalm 91:14-15), we will be protected, delivered and satisfied.

Some thoughts recorded on Google voice ( Facebook readers click here to listen) during that drive into work Friday morning as I watched the sunbursts in the pictures above:

No comments:

Post a Comment