Tuesday, April 13

What do you need?

Tonight I walked into Starbucks, drawn by the feeling that I needed to be there. I was hungry, but I wandered in right before going to Lifegroup, where we always get snacks and treats.  The lady behind the counter said "What do you need?" 

At that moment I felt like I had come to the end of a long, long race, but not sure if I had won or lost.  "I am not sure, but I need something" I told her. 

At Paul and Carla's Lifegroup we talked about faith in God being the belief in who HE is. I found out what I needed later this evening, were the reminders that regardless of the situation, He loves me, that God's people care and therein is hope, fullness....

win or loose,
respected or suspected,
rich or busted,
dirty or clean,
healthy or sick.....

Ask David, Job, Paul, Jesus.  

My Starbucks cup is now empty, but my life is full. My choice is whether to believe, or not. Not "half empty or half full", but really empty, or really full. Can you remind me (and some others)?

No comments:

Post a Comment