Sunday, April 4

"...play the sunset"

 "Life is what happens while we are busy making plans." 
Mr Holland

He wanted to be a music composer,
....instead he became an inspiration.

He wanted to share music with his son,
....instead his son shared music with others.

He wanted to be famous based on his work,
...instead he became famous based on his life.

In the story, he encourages a young girl to "play the sunset".  While she makes beautiful music, she never becomes a musician.  She become a governor, and comes back to honor him for providing so much confidence when she had been such a "failure." 

What are my plans? What do I "expect" from the people and events around me.  Is that actually what God has in mind? If my way doesn't work, can there be another way that works?

For the last several months my life has been on a high-speed chase.  I have tried to follow God, and he has blessed me, but perhaps my expectations haven't been His

My family and I are considering yet another shift to bring our family together.  It doesn't come without thorns. It doesn't come without hope.  It just may not look the way most of us thought it would. My prayer is simply that we could hear each other, so that we can find God, love Him and serve Him together.

Today we met our neighbors, and God reminded me, "Life is what happens when you are busy making plans."

No comments:

Post a Comment