Friday, September 18

To get something you never had, you have to...


Today my brother Garry forwarded me an email that catapulted my faith....I've known him for over two years, and he has never done this before.  He even said...I don't usually do this, but this one is "close to home".

Concentrate on this Sentence

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'  When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.  Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'  Something good will happen to you today; something that you have been waiting to hear.

This is not a joke; someone will call you by phone or will speak to you about something that you were waiting to hear.  Do not break! 



Vicki sent a email early today, suggesting that I invite my wife to a Lifegroup meeting with several other couples.  Even though I've been part of the group for several weeks, its not something I would have seriously believed possible 5 years, 2 years or EVEN 2 days ago.In fact Paul prayed with me about this two weeks ago, and I thought, God would need to do a miracle. I replied to Vicki, "thanks for the sweet thought, a little short notice.  I will let my wife know that you cared." 


Then I got the note from Garry. 


God would not let me shake it off. Finally, with just an hour to spare,  I called Sherri. She said she would think about it.  When I got to Restoring Lives West, Hope Garrett told me all about four or five amazing things God had done in the last 24 hours for her, through her and for other people she knew.  It was like God was trying to remind me He was really in charge. 


One hour later my wife called back and said yes.  Brothers continued to pray.  


Tonight we opened with 1st Corinthians 2 about spiritual wisdom,  took a boat ride, then read and prayed from Isaiah 43 together, one verse at a time. Each verse matched the person in the room that read it! 


For those who know me, you understand what a significant event this is.  Keep praying. 


For those who are wondering what the big deal is....God responds to faith, even when it is the faith of our friends.  




3 comments:

  1. Wow, the power of prayer. I see His hand in my life and others all the time, and it still always amazes.....wow.

    Your in our thoughts.

    Donna G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! I know it was God who had me read this today because it made me even more amazed at Him and His awesome power!! I for one know how incredible that was!! Oh yes, I was tempted to think that there was a more sinister motive, but God is God and He will do His will no matter what!! Whoo! Whoo! Thank you again Brad for just being you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To you both....thank you for being part of the hope that He Lives, He Loves, and He reigns and rules.

    Your encouragement along with others was and remains important when things didn't seem to be "working", and what I needed was faith.

    ReplyDelete