Wednesday, September 16

2009 MEga Sports Camp




















Front row: Darriyon, Kevin, Ethan, Eli, Jaylon, Andrece, Donovan
Back row: Gabe, Michael, Allicia, and me


A few notes from along the way

Tonight I got hugged by about 8 little ones all at once....what a rush, what a picture of absolute trust, passion and purity.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (*HEARING* it is even better)

(DJ Scott) The bible says we half to come to Jesus with child like faith. First graders would be no problem. I believe kids are the easist to except Christ. Brad you will have no problem with that. Just be youself. The kids will see Jesus reflecting from you

I am beginning to think maybe that's what God wants me to learn from this experience. Simplicity.


Its been a lot of fun so far, but not without difficulty. Really makes me wonder about what Jesus meant when he said "unless you come like little children, you cannot enter the Kingdom of God". My heart goes out to these little ones, pray that I would see them as Father does.

(Bill) I'd like to hear about what you learned recently....the hardest lessons are the ones that stay with us longer.

Good question Bill, Since you asked, here is what I learned...
1) I can't make miracles, I can only get out of the way and let God do what God does.
2) Less is more (words, activity)
3) Papa, I belong to you
4) Understanding the story makes all the difference... Read More
5) Admitting mistakes doesn't weaken a relationship, it strengthens one (ok, maybe I knew this already, but got a good reminder).

More From Scott Himes:
http://lifechange.typepad.com/lifechange/2009/06/lifekids-summer-camp-2009-video-pics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment