Saturday, April 11

Why Suffering? Pain and The Big Splash

 crossLast week Tony described the “Big Splash”, how the crucifixion of Jesus led to God’s Spirit coming alive in believers.  We have a chance to walk with Him BECAUSE of his deep love. Watching the Passion of Christ tonight with some brothers…that price and His passion was made clear… we are loved by God.

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. “ (Phil 2)

“To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 22"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." 23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 25For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.”

I forget sometimes how much he loves us, how dearly he paid  for me, for others around me, so that we could live for each other and walk with Him.  He is good to remind us who we are, by His suffering and ours.

Lead me to the Cross

Hillsong

Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross
You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment