Thursday, April 2

Marvels of a Chiropractor

He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith. (Mark 6:5-6)

Old injuries come back in your old age.  I had a dumb sledding accident when I was 19, but can’t go to the details here (that would be another entry about a false sense of invulnerability).  I compacted a disk in my back that laid me out for a couple of weeks.  In my 20s I hardly noticed it, but by my late 30s I had a couple days when I couldn’t go to work or sit in a chair.  Finally I went to see a chiropractor. 

Now that I am almost 50, I have been “back” to see different chiropractors over the years, to get the massage, exercise tips and shock therapy (yes, they use electrodes-feels great!). Its a way to make the large muscles of the back relax and loosen

BaxRecently  though I’ve been going to a guy who has been quite amazing.  Somehow he is able to find the places deep inside me, and bend me so that my joints actually make a cracking sound, and all the tension releases.  Reminds me of that notion that the ultimate joy is the release from pain.  I actually laugh sometimes it is such a great feeling.

Dr. David Bax, no  joke, that’s his real given name. Nice guy, amazing healer. He asked me on the first visit if other chiropractors had helped….I found out why.   Believing he WILL help lets my muscles relax enough so he CAN help.  Believing leads me to to do the exercise he suggests.

Obedience, from faith, leads to healing. As my friend Tony and I were talking this morning, we both were struck by the word OBEDIENCE, not as a compulsory principle (WWJD), but running to the arms of a loving Dad, like a prodigal son who Believed, like Mary the prostitute, like the woman at the well, like the man at the pool, like the blind, lepers and others who saw that Jesus was able, and willing.   

2 comments:

  1. now I want to go to Dr. Bax!! If he can get you to believe he can help...good. I believe that. But to get you to relax is the key! Relax so he CAN work. I cannot relax. When I know they are going for those muscles, I tense. I "protect" what is causing me pain. Not that I want to, but I believe the cure will hurt more somehow than the burden of the pain. Maybe the pain in the cure I fear? I don't know, but I am glad he has helped you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a healer, I would know what to say. I tell lots of friends that frequency can build trust, and preparation positions the heart. Our ability to "respond" corresponds to our expectation in large measure. I think those precepts work with muscles too. :) In the Spirit it all begins with Love and Hope. You have shown much of both. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete