Thursday, April 9

Praising God: A reminder

Sunday we talked about how to hear God.  The last couple weeks my walk with God has been thin.  A good brother suggested I blog some.  

How to hear God (Notes from Sunday at LifeChurch):
1.  Worship: Jesus is Lord, submit to him
2.  Be still, God doesn’t yell, keep in step with Him.  Not just an agenda.  He will prompt you to pray for certain people.
3.  Open God’s word. It only happens if you are deseparate, if your soul is at stake 
4.  Listen for the inward knowing
5.  Ask others

Screeming to God this morning at my frustration with step one, I don't want to thank Him because I have to, ought to, or should.  I want to BE thankful.  I looked up as I opened my eyes saw a shadow in the shape of a cross.  Nothing obviously superantural, just shadows.  But I know it was a reminder from God.  Then I recieved this note from one who is faithful later this morning.  

From Connie G B. 
04/09/2009 09:49 AM
Subject Daily Devotion for 4/9/09
I will praise you as long as I live. Psalm 63:4

Praising God should be the first thing we do each morning.  Praising God should continue in our thoughts and hearts throughout the day.  Praising God should be the last thing we do when we retire for the evening.  

If your having a difficult time, you can begin by praising God for what He is about to do.  If you have just gotten through a trial, praise Him for being with you.  If you can't think of a single reason to praise Him this morning due to so many trials and difficulties, please at least thank God for the birth, life, death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ and the gift of the Holy Spirit which we have freely received.  We should remember to praise God for Jesus everyday.  Without Him my life would be worthless and my attitude would be self centered and thoughtless.  

Many times throughout the year we are thankful for Jesus and praise His name.  At Christmas we praise God for Christ's birth.  We praise God for Jesus death and resurrection at Easter.  How about His life?  He gave us so much during his short lived life.  Without the teachings and Words of the bible, where would we be?  At the very least this morning my friends, no matter what is going on in your life, take time to praise God for the precious words in the bible and the precious life of Jesus.  Try to not just praise Him on special occasions or when things are going your way.  

God provides exactly what we need to get through each day.  Receive His comfort, remember the price that way paid for your life. Jesus fulfilled the promise of eternal life and forgiveness of our sin so we should be praising God every moment for that tremendous gift of sacrifice.  Focus today my friends on the meaning of the cross.  Receive Chris's gifts of  forgiveness, grace and mercy.  Reflect and praise Him for His undying love for you and me.  Focusing on praise can change your heart and lift your burdens.  God bless.

Thanks Connie, i needed that

No comments:

Post a Comment