Sunday, December 27

Complete Unity: How do we get out of the boat?




Complete Unity?


The Kingdom of Heaven=Joy and Peace in the Holy Spirit... It cannot come when I am not one with the Holy Spirit.
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
John 17:22-2
Tonight I went to the Metropolis location of Life church. A small snow blizzard and a Colts game led to a pretty small turnout. But Tony and Scott spoke with the same energy they would bring to an audience of several hundred.

Scott told the story about Peter, the water, getting out of the boat. At first Peter trusted, responded, but then lost his focus as he began to look at the waves around him. Fear is believing the worst possible outcome, instead of God's plan. Jesus caught Peter as he was going down: When we are drowning we are much more willing to submit to God. Here are a few questions Scott suggested that might get us out of the boat:

1) Where am I going? (Am I operating in my Gifts?)
2) What should I be doing (not WWJD, but responding to that personal dialogue with our Papa) . Are you doing the one thing that only YOU can do
3) Who are you relative to who you were a year ago?

He will not let us drown, but he wants us to trust (not imagine what could go wrong). btw, I went to Church instead of the Colts game, the first game I missed in two seasons. Tonight, their 23 game winning streak came to an end as they put in the 3rd string Quarterback. I didn't miss watching a contest, I played in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment