Thursday, January 22

"Please, come closer" to save you with an extraordinary rescue

I was struck this morning by the passage from the reading today (in the One Year Bible) about how Joseph responded to his brothers after being sold into slavery...it was God's plan.  

This trust in God's sovereignty, during the peak of success was also there in the depth of despair (remember Potiphar, the prison etc.)  I am so prone to look at the situation around me and complain about how things have gone wrong, when I could look for God's strength and his plan to carry me through, back to a place of hope.  This way we never "loose". 

4
 “Please, come closer,” he said to them. So they came closer. And he said again, “I am Joseph, your brother, whom you sold into slavery in Egypt. 5 But don’t be upset, and don’t be angry with yourselves for selling me to this place. It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives. 6 This famine that has ravaged the land for two years will last five more years, and there will be neither plowing nor harvesting. 7 God has sent me ahead of you to keep you and your families alive and to preserve many survivors. 8 So it was God who sent me here, not you! And he is the one who made me an adviser to Pharaoh—the manager of his entire palace and the governor of all Egypt. (Genesis 45:7-8)


If you are able, I hope you get to read the whole story!

No comments:

Post a Comment