Saturday, January 17

BE FREE: Breathing is simple

Be Free

God has a purpose, and a plan for my life…isn’t that what they say?  Sometimes I forget how simple it can be...

“If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32

I can make life so complicated by trying to please others, change others, get it right, make everything work out instead of just obeying, trusting. How simple is that? :)

Tonight I was working on the toilet (yes, i am a handyman by night), I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to do something the hard way that was really simple in the end.  Over-analyzed again..wasted time, energy…water :).  Earlier in the day, a relative in Oregon sent me an unusual note, “prayer should be as easy as breathing” 

‘Call on me in prayer and I will answer you. I will show you great and mysterious things which you still do not know about.’ Jeremiah 33:3

If he is the revealer of mysteries, how much more will our creator (who wants to be our friend) answer the simple questions.  “What should I do, what should I say, what would please you?”  Bruce this was an answer to prayer for me today. You are right, a big closet in a mansion is good.  Sometimes I can’t see my destiny, the source of freedom, because I am trying to do something else.  You do not have because…you do not ask.

Do you know what simple thing he wants for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment