Wednesday, December 24

Thank You Mom






Fran Clay 10/3/1937-12/16/2008

I only shared a part of her life, but much to thank her for. This is the short list I read to her last week:






1. You told me how to hold my fork
2. Made a custom coffee cup for me
3. Taught me how to be honest about mistakes with drinking
4. Showed me how to care about others you didn't know
5. Gave me appreciation for music an beauty
6. Made the dinner plates we use today
7. Drove me to Chapel Hill, the quiet times
8. Sat and talked with me in the morning on the farm
9. Never successfully got me to enjoy basketball (sorry)
10. Art of conversation, which is the art of listening
11. Took me to the dentist, the doctor
12. Gave me adventure
13. Made Picnics in the wicker basket
14. Let Dad live his dreams on the farm, the job and the truck
15. Fed us 19,710 meals, including Thanksgiving, Christmas and Birthdays
16. you always wrote the card, a funny card
17. You broke the chain of alcoholism
18. You endured
19. You bought the groceries week after week
20. Made hot cocoa
21. Made those things with chocolate, marshmello and graham crackers
22. Let us chew tobacco in the house!
23. Made snow cream
24. You forgave us
25. You were forgiven

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes.
    It is a very beautiful list, and homage to your mother. I will pray for you and your family during the holiday season.

    Your friend,

    Elom,

    ReplyDelete