Thursday, September 11

9/11: When we are weak we are strong 2Cor 12:8

Hi Guys,
 
This morning of 9/11 my sons and I read from Corinthians about being weak, and remembered the world's compassion on America, and our own compassion for NYC at that time.  That may have been our country's greatest moment of strength.
 
Later this morning I received the encouragement in the devotional below about sharing our weaknesses with others, and how our faith in God love is strengthed as a result. 
 
Then Scott Himes called, and I told him about my back pain that is making this a really painful day, and the encouragement I had recieved from God about His power being made perfect in weakness (2 Cor12:8).   He prayed for me on the phone (I love when people do that) and completed God's promise of grace.  Thanks Scott. 
 
Thought you all would want to be reminded (again)....God is for us. Jeremiah 29:11-14
 
Your brother
Brad
 
 
"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
 
2Cor12:8
 


Connie G Beery/AM/LLY
                   09/11/2008 08:41 AM                                                        
Subject    Daily Devotion for 9/11/08


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper
you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you
will call upon me and come to pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You
will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be
found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back...to the place
from which I carried you into exile."  Jeremiah 29:11-14

The above scriptures were written by Jeremiah to the surviving elders among
the exiles.  The powerful words spoken then still pertain to us today.  I
love the word, declares!  That means it must have very important for God to
get His message across.  Do you declare the power of God by receiving it as
a precious gift?  Do you declare His presence by seeking Him with all your
heart or with just the little bit you are willing to share?  Do you declare
He has brought your through many trials?  Do you declare the testimony of
your salvation to others?

I feel strongly this morning that we need to declare more often what God
has done is our lives.  We tend to keep things to ourselves.  I encourage
you to share your burdens, your triumphs, your love for God to someone
today.  Don't try to prepare the "right" words, just tell them what God has
done or is doing.  Sharing your trials is powerful.  It allows believers to
pray for you and your situation.  It allows others to see God working in
your life.  It allows others to understand that you are struggling, but
have faith that God knows the plan.  Open your heart to seek God and allow
Him to use you today.  God bless.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment