Sunday, January 6

Still working on this post....

Still working on this post....

Wow, this was very convicting. I had a headache all day, and was really asking God that I not go to a brother's house this evening to celebrate new year. Then I read this email, and even though I could work out a bunch of reasons not to go (weather, drunks on the road, not sure of a real invitation, not sure if this new year thing was worth me staying up late etc.) it seemed that God wanted me to go. So I went. I can't really say there were huge spiritual consequences, but I got to know some people a little better, and the fellowship actually made my headache go away. I felt God's love. I guess that's pretty huge.

I've been thinking about the devotion below, and it could be read that God is disillusioned in us when we don't do well. But then the scripture you quote below shows that it is a partnership of our faith and his power (2 Thes). So like any father with his child, he does get disappointed, but love always "protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (2nd Cor 13) so that even our faith is born in response to God's love, or as Paul writes "faith....a gift from God....for we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Eph 2)

I do was to be such a one, to respond to the love of God with such faith that I am able to accomplish that which he has prepared for me to do.

Thanks to my friend Garry for his friendship and encouragement. Brad



hey there. I found this devotional interesting and inspiring, and thought about you for some reason...

0ur God is looking today for pattern persons. When He gets a true sample, it is very easy to reproduce him or her in other lives without limitation. All the experiences of life come to us as tests, and as we meet them our loving Father is watching with intense and jealous love to see us overcome. If we fail He is deeply disappointed, and our adversary is filled with joy. We are being watched continually by angels and principalities, and every step we take is critical and decisive for something in our eternal future. When Abraham went out that morning to Mount Moriah, it was an hour of solemn probation; when he came back he was one of God's tested men, with the stamp of His eternal approval. God could say, I know him, that he will . . . do justice and judgment that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken (Genesis 18:19). God is looking for such men and women today. Lord, help me to be such a one.
That our God would . . . fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power 2 Thessalonians 1:11 Hope you and yours are well. And a Happy New Year to you!

Garry