Thursday, October 25

Our Thoughts

Below is today's devotional from somebody at work who sends these daily. Thought of it as answering some of the question from last night about praying continuously. She hits some issues I need help with: pain, anger, attitudes.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways, before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord. Psalm 139:3-4

Oh how we try to hide our thoughts when they are not Godly thoughts. We pretend to others that we are happy and content. We give the impression that everything is alright, so others won't know the truth. Worst of all, we hide from the truth from ourselves. Perhaps we don't speak words out loud of our anger and unhappiness, but we think about painful and condemning thoughts.

I find comfort in the scriptures above and not condemnation. God loves us, He proves that over and over. He wants our thoughts, habits, words to be Godly so He constantly reminds us of His presence. He acknowledges that He knows everything. That gives me strength and purpose, so I pray about my words, my attitude, and especially my thoughts. The more we seek and become aware of God's presence, the more hope we have. We develop faith, peace and strength. Along with those gifts from God, we begin to see a change in our hearts. Our thoughts become less selfish and focus on others. Our minds become clear and not doubtful. Our hearts develop compassion and not anger. Our whole being becomes complete in Him and not in what we do or what we have. Dear sisters and brothers, I pray you find comfort and peace in the scriptures above. Realize God knows before you do, but He loves you and will help you change. Oh what a glorious gift. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment