Wednesday, January 19

Hounds of Heaven? Do you see what I see?

There is a poem, called "hounds of heaven", that speaks not of hounds at all, but of the relentless pursuit God impresses on us....and in fact, the wonderful satisfaction of drawing near to Him even as we are "chased", when part of us wants to run the other way. 

Sometimes I write, just to document these events that seem more than chance.  Tonight by 4X, I was reminded...see if you see what i see.
  1. On my way home this afternoon, a conversation with an old friend about the redundancy of "Sovereign God".  If he is God, then he is sovereign. 
  2. As we ride in the truck, fatherly guidance for my son who had a strong opinion about not wanting to do something, and I reminded him to be able to embrace even those things we do not prefer, or risk being able to see God.
  3. At church around youth group I heard from two different sources the question from Hell..."How does a loving God allow bad things to happen to good people".  Don't get me wrong, we have all been tempted by this, but to be sure....God is always good, people are not.  Any other conclusion, no matter how saintly or innocent, will lead you to a place you do not want to go.
  4. Finally, I am late, but I have to talk to a dad going through a divorce who tells me he is reading Job.   He is struggling with one of the oldest stories in the bible.  God never answers Jobs "WHY" question, Instead, he asks the questions that remind Job WHO the creator was.
All this was in the same evening....no kidding.  Hounds of heaven, or a God in hot pursuit?  Depends on your perspective.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment