Sunday, August 29

Filled with the fullness

Just some scribble to remind me about the messages from Calvary today....reasons why.  Does it ever occur strange we need to be reminded of these things?  We do need reminders...I did. 


Ephesians 3:14–19
For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.......to be strengthened ....  to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.


In case some of you read this with a little hesitation, I can assure you this is not mind control, weird stuff like some of us have seen and others have heard.  This is not imposed, but simply ways to be wise in the Spirit.  Control for example is one I know that I have struggled with, trying to make things happen, instead of a trusting response to the Spirit (not somebody else's expectation).  

Likewise, submission to one another does not undermine the Spirit, but in fact checks a sort of hierarchical mind that forbids resistance, or fears to resist. This submission doesn't replace the order of the State, The leadership, the family...it simply gives room for the Spirit to speak through anyone, in humility of course.

Check me if I am wrong.  :)   The goal is simply to experience the fullness...of His Spirit.  "Father, may your will be done"

No comments:

Post a Comment