Monday, June 14

a little boy, again



Rend my soul, of all I love
and give to me from above

At night I lay awake in tears
counting o'er the many years

My dreams have passed, my future dim
when I look at all within

Worst of all, my little ones
have grown to fear, and hate and lunge

A wrenching fear bids me to hate
To plot and plan and preserve our fate

It will not work if plans are mine
I need your love to give me thine

Restore to me your hope and joy
Make me again...a little boy

Nothing to loose, all to gain
Take what's mine, and let it rain

Give me YOU, my hope and joy
Make me again YOUR little boy.


John 15:9-11
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. "

*actually that is me and my dad, circa 1962-63. He passed about 14 years ago, and my last words were from Psalm 23.  My son came about a year later.  As a son and a father I can bear witness, God has something very special in mind for that relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment