Thursday, January 7

You wont relent: Wilson "Snowflake" Bently


I died a little today. Preparing for the future, it was a good day to die. It snowed.

"The Wild Goose Chase" from my friend Bill told the story of Wilson Bently...."I want to die the way that Wilson Bently died" writes the author. Bently was a snowflake photographer. Bently wrote this:"Under the microscope I found that snowflakes were miracles of beauty; and it seemed a shame that this beauty could not be seen and appreciated by others. Every crystal was a masterpiece of design, and no one design was ever repeated. When a snowflake melted that design was forever lost."

Wilson "Snowflake" Bently died walking through a severe snowstorm in 1931. He died doing what he loved. Pursuing his "God-ordained passions...life is too short for anything less". It was great to read this to my 8 year old son Sean, and for my wife to be there.

Thats how God pursues us. That's how we were meant to live, relentlessly, passionately.



My new favorite song...

You won't relent
Chris Quilala (Written by Misty Edwards)

I won't relent until you have it all
You have a seal upon my heart

Many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me.....
come be the flame inside my heart
Come be the fire inside of me.....
until you and i are i one

come be our passion.......come be our passion.......
God come dwell inside of us
our heart is .....yours
Lord we desire you
we hunger for you God

there is nothing we want more Lord
there is nothing we want more Lord
there is nothing we want more Lord
there is nothing we want more than you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment