Wednesday, October 14

One month to live - Day 10

Lifechurch is going through the book "One month to Live", in October.  Its about learning to live each day as though you were dying.  Yesterday (day 10) I watched "Chasing" with the band of brothers,  where the story of the prodigal son is retold clearly as the son leaving his father as if his father was dead, and then being recieved back into welcoming arms upon his return.

Honestly, this helped me love my own children from God's perspective, even I got turned down again today. But I can't respond to their moves, I must be ready to present them with the forgiveness and love that God gives to us.  That's who He is, and who we are becoming as we are hidden in Him.

Dying is easier said than done. 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot pretend to know your pain and challenges. We all have our trials and I know that yours are particularly hard. I can only say that I and brothers and sisters at my church will continue to pray for you and your family no matter what. God is at work in you. He is molding you into who He made you to be. The gifts He has given you to tend while here can only be blessed by your commitment and desire.Again, I am thankful He has given you other believers to share your life with there. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete