Saturday, March 7

Are you aware of being rich? Life to the Full

Horizon House 2

Today I was with my friends from LifeChurch to help feed some of the homeless at Horizon House.  Just like most of these things, when we try to help someone else, sometimes we actually get the better end of the bargain as God reached through that situation to help us. 

When the day started, I was battling all sorts of lies, despite having been reminded that I was at war by a passage from John Eldridge from Walking the Dead.  He cited this verse:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)

A couple of the guys we were serving came up and spoke a few words, one reminded us we were blessed, every day.  This from a man without a house, car, family or even food!  Another man said “Today was the day that the rich people came to feed the poor people, and found out that we are all the same.“  I didn’t exactly feel rich, but I had to agree tonight as i was telling my son…this man was right.  We do all depend on God for our strength, protection and provision, and we have to surrender it back to Him.  Some of us are just more aware than others. 

Finally, I spoke with a brother today who is also fighting old temptations.  He knows it, and that’s part of the reason and he is winning, he is more aware. Are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment