Wednesday, February 27

The Journey Together: Continued


I will take a chance here with a commercial that captures a big idea, are we creators...or created?
Are we masters of our destiny, or products of our journey,

Does God place the flowers around us, by accident?

What is a journey? A journey is not a trip. It’s not a vacation. It’s a process.
A Discovery It’s a process of self discovery A journey brings us face to face
with ourselves A journey shows us not only the world, But how we fit in Does the
person create the journey Or does the journey create the person The journey is
life itself. Where will life take you?


I thought about my friends at home while on a journey yesterday with a sales team that had gone through "sales boot camp" together about a year ago. Last night I was asked to tag along as they went out for dinner (about 10 folks).

I got into a conversation with one of them ( a guy named Kevin) and found out that the boot camp experience had forged them into a team...they learned to trust each other for help as they struggled with daily problems. None of them was viewed as the local expert, but peers who had different experiences in life, and cared about each other. That night it was interesting to see how much they were able to enjoy each other's company, a very close knit group.

This rookie sales team came in second in the nation in sales performance, beating teams who had been around for 5, 10 15 years, and get to go on a trip to the Bahams in a few weeks to celebrate. What a picture of what God can do among people that work together, not out of knowledge or deep experience, but out of difficulty and common concern for each other.

From the heart of a sojourner:

20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, "If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father's house, then the LORD will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth."

No comments:

Post a Comment