Friday, November 30

The horse is made ready for the day of battle

On a license plate traveling from Norfolk to Nags Head during Thanksgiving with the in-laws there was a scripture reference to Ps 27.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" Ps. 27:14,

But in case we wonder what to do while we wait....a few verses earlier David talks about
..."dwelling in the house of the Lord"....v. 4
..."gazing on the beauty of the Lord",....v4.
...."seeking him in the temple"...v4.
...."your face o Lord will I seek"...v.8
...."being taught"...v11

I know these are simple opportunities I could enjoy more than I do. Later in the trip, David (the brother in law) said he really found fishing peaceful. I went out to fish and realized what some of the disciples must have known...part of fishing is prepapring the nets (or the poles), part is casting, but a pretty good portion of it all is ....waiting.

One of my friends sent me a similar verse today

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but victory rests with the LORD." Pr 21:31

There were times of tears, times of worship, and times of openess and grieved hearts. Not all rosey, but definitely worth the trip. When I got back, I got to show the children some of the first pictures they ever saw of many of their relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment